Enhance your smile by enhancing your flossing techniques. Dental floss is an extremely important part of your oral health care daily regimen, as it cleans the areas between teeth that brushing cannot touch. If for any reason your flossing habits are insufficient and cannot be corrected, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser. For a list of the best tips and techniques for dental floss, see the list below:
– Use dental flossing tools that have been recommended or approved for use by your dentist.
– It is important to floss between every tooth and ensure all sides flossed for 2-3 minutes per session every day.
– The ability for your dental floss to be shred resistant is vital in ensuring you can effectively accomplish your task without failure. Single filament thread works best for this.
– In order to use a fresh section of thread between each tooth, use a piece of thread roughly 18 inches in length.
– Dispose of used dental strands after each use.
If you would like an oral health care treatment from Dr. Brough Family & Cosmetic Dentistry at our dentist office in Layton, Utah, please contact us at 801.773.5285. Dr. Grant Brough and the rest of our team will ensure you get the healthy smile you desire.