It’s the delicious time of year again. Thanksgiving is lingering in the air with the aromas of pumpkin pies and roasted turkeys. As a result, people are eating and snacking more than ever this season, which means cavities are on the rise. This year, why not prevent cavities while enjoying your holiday season by using these 5 tips?
These five tips to keep your smile healthy this thanksgiving include:
• Brush twice a day for two minutes a day: Did you know that brushing two minutes, twice a day, will keep your smile, cleaner, whiter, fresher, and bacteria out of your mouth? Many people do not brush long enough resulting in more cavities and painful dental problems.
• Floss daily: By removing food-particles from your smile, you can reduce the risk of toothaches and gum disease. Flossing also removes plaque from between your teeth.
• Eat a healthy diet: Eating well balanced food can help strengthen your teeth and keep your body healthy, as well as your smile healthy.
• Chew sugarless gum: Instead of sugary snacks, chewing sugarless gums after a meal can help your saliva flush out bacteria and prevent tooth decay.
• Visit your dentist regularly: By visiting your dentist every six months, you can keep a smile healthy for life.
By using these simple steps, you can give yourself a smile you can truly be thankful for. If you have questions about your oral health, contact your dentist. Let us help keep your smile healthy this holiday season.