Despite your best efforts, your tooth may become damaged or discolored. Because of an injury, your tooth may become chipped, cracked, or broken. Perhaps you have decay or a large dental filling that has severely weakened your tooth. In some cases, a tooth may be irregularly shaped or discolored. A dental crown can fix these and other dental issues. You will not have to live with a weakened or otherwise damaged tooth.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over your tooth to repair and strengthen it. Dental crowns are used by dentists to restore teeth. Dental crowns can restore or fix the shape, size, strength, or appearance of your tooth. Your dental crown can save your tooth by doing one or more of the following:
• Protect your tooth from breaking if it is weak
• Restore your tooth if it is broken or worn down
• Cover, protect, and support your tooth if it has a large dental filling
• Cover a tooth that is misshapen or stained
• Improve the appearance of a tooth
Do you want a tooth-colored dental crown? Do you want a very durable and long-lasting crown? Do you wish for a combination of the two? Our dentist and team will explain your dental crown options to you.